Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I've only written here 3 times this year????

Wow, I am sure I've said this before, but TIME IS FLYING BY, NOT JUST AT LIGHT SPEED, BUT AT MACH SPEED X 3!!!! It will be Thanksgiving in two days, and Christmas in a month! Our grandbabies are 3 and 18 months! Most of our kids are on the down side of 25...and that makes us really old!!! Ugh! Oh well! I am so glad that there IS something to look forward to when, well, when this time has finally gone so fast that I am no longer here! (Ok, now I am not trying to be morbid or anything...just realistic!) That's what I am...realistic. Hmmm. Maybe that's what my kids are not liking...I always seem to have to be the one who is the realist! Which is sometimes, okay...often, a bummer because I think I tend to see the glass as half empty but don't think that that is bad! It just means that you have to fill it up now. That you have to stay on guard, on top of it, alert! But I think to my kids it means mom always has to preach or lecture or pull us down with doom and gloom! I don't mean to do that. I think that sometimes, especially as I am getting older SO fast, I feel a huge urgency to make sure they are safe and headed in the right direction and that their eyes are open so that they aren't easily deceived. But given the direction some of them are taking, I'm not doing such a great job. That is a heavy burden and one that I continually have to give to God along with my kids and grandbabies! Whew! I think I should quit and go off to bed. But first....
maybe I need to do some blessing counting since it IS Thanksgiving, 2008!-----
I am thankful for:
my husband, my daughter, my son, my step-sons, my son-in-law, my grandbabies, my mom, my mom-in-love and dad-in-love, my brothers and sisters and nieces and nephews, my extended family, my puppy and fish, our home, our country, our church, for books, and pianos, for mountains and lakes, for spring and summer, for birds and ladybugs, for friends, for a job I love, for kids, for blankets, and sandals, for food and clothing, for being raised with the knowledge of what Jesus did for us--for what God did by sending his son to earth for us, for long walks with my husband, for zoos, for trips to other places, for chocolate, and mochas, for hotdogs, for laughter, for tears that wash pain away, for the safely we've been able to enjoy in our country, for God being in ultimate control--not man, for horses, for glasses and toothpaste :) , for sunshine and for clear starlit nights, for fireplaces in a snowstorm, for books, for eskimo kisses and kookah kisses, for hugs--they're good you know!, for cuddling, for long talks with my mom, my sister and my daughter, for Jewish naps, for 'Bear' hugs, for a soft bed....
....which I am going to right now! 'Night!!! And....

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!

2 comments:

Janaque said...

I love you! Even when your glass is half full! :)
And we are SO thankful for you! 123

Our Family said...

POST SOME MORE!!! 123